Friday, November 5, 2010

Interesting week

Another week is ending and TGIF!  I am trying to adapt to my new schedule and fit all of what I consider important into it.  Although I cherished my morning book reading on the bus I was finding a difficult time getting the blog posts done regularly.  So this week I tried something new and took my spiral notebook on the bus and am writing as I go. 


I have some written but have been too tired to actually type them up after work but plan to get working on that this weekend.  I just hope I can read my own writing. 

This has been my third big adjustment since starting the blog.  I began in my rural community working swing shift, blogging, and feeding horses.  In May I left everything behind except a suitcase and moved to a city and had all day to blog, read, and improve some health issues while also looking for a job.  One chapter of my book talks about Only In America can we start a whole new life for the cost of a plane ticket.  That's exactly what I have done.  Now, much to my surprise I found a job in one of the highest unemployment cities in the country. 

New beginnings.  A time to reflect, plan, and figure out what to do next.  I'm excited about the possibilities. And, have ordered my copy of the Early Retirement Extreme book so I can take it all to the next level.  For me it won't be so early but it will be interesting to build on what I already have been doing.  It's not really about money you know, it's about being able to do what you want in life with your time and energy.  Life's too short to not be doing what you love and find purpose and meaning in doing.  I have some what I think are exciting ideas about the In The Trenches book and will share them as I'm going along.

Hope you all have a great weekend!  God bless.

2 comments:

Ang said...

Congrats on the new job. you are going to great and get into a groove soon..

Carol said...

Thanks Ang! Always changing, always learning.