- It was experts that made all the subprime loans that resulted in the morgage bubble that broke.
- It was the experts who encouraged Americans to invest their money in the mutuals funds and now hard working people I know have lost their retirement funds.
- It was the experts who encouraged customers to get multiple credit cards and are now garnishing their wages.
- Need I continue?
Thankfully, they have shared this information in many ways. We just have to seek it out. It's still there. Like gold that has to be mined. We need to watch, learn, and question. They may not tell us the answers in the quick, attractive, catchy slogans we see in the commercials but they will tell us if we are willing to listen.
Think of your grandparents. Some of the things that they might have said are:
- Work hard.
- Stay out of debt
- Close the door, you're letting the heat out.
- No, it costs too much.
- We can't waste this.
- Don't be in such a hurry.
- A stitch in time saves nine.
- Don't forget your offering for church.
- If you're cold, put on a sweater.
- Save something for a rainy day.
- Why pay someone if you can do it yourself?