Monday, April 19, 2010

Financially Secure People Eat Leftovers - Saving Advice

Financially Secure People Eat Leftovers - Saving Advice

This is an enjoyable article. Wish I would have thought of it. And the best part is the comments so don't skip them. Amazing the emotional level brought up by the subject of leftovers.  I know many people who don't eat leftovers, I should say won't eat leftovers.  Give me a leftover plate of lasagna anytime.

I remember my uncle.  Meat, potatoes, vegetable, and bread with honey every night.  The only exception was the Sunday roast.  Cucumbers and garden grown green beans were the best.  Going out to eat was a hamburger and potato chips.  That was the extent of his diet.  No casseroles, foreign food, or anything new or different.  He got so upset when he went to Japan and could not find a  "good" hamburger.  Yes, he was one of the financially secure people.  Millionaire, in fact.  Waste not, want not was one of his lifestyle principles.

No comments: