Thursday, December 17, 2009

living-on-a-cash-only-diet:

living-on-a-cash-only-diet: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance: "Living on a Cash-Only Diet"

Love the title to this article. Hope you will check it out. Many years I lived with no checking account, was called a credit ghost, and paid everything in cash. It is amazing how much more you watch your spending when you are on a cash only, debt free basis. Once a month I went to the Post Office to buy three money orders. Mortgage (I had the house almost paid off), lights, and insurance. The simplicity was liberating.

I admit that I have gotten far from those days but hope someday to return. We all have to start where we are and the road may be longer for some than others but I can tell you this: a person can sure sleep good at night when they have no debts.

No comments: