"It's only a buck."
About once a month we head in and have a great time roaming through the aisles finding all the strange and unusual things on the shelves. Most do not carry the standard policy of when the shelf is empty it gets refilled. No, each time we go there is a different collection of items to pick and choose through as the owner has picked up the deals along the way. With the holidays approaching the variety is even more colorful.
Even the kids can take their change and find something new and different to enjoy. Once of the best purchases that was made was a package of colorful pipe cleaners. Hours and hours of enjoyment and creativity was used in the making of mobiles, bird cages, and roses. All for a buck. The same happened with a package of colored Popsicle sticks.
Some of the many items we have found:
- Cleaning products including window cleaner, laundry detergent, and dish soap. Some are brand name
- Socks. 3 pair for a dollar
- Party supplies
- Hardcover and paperback books including some of the top authors
- Bungee Cords at another store $6
- Hair accessories
- First aid supplies including ibuprofen and band aids
- Pet Supplies
- Picture frames
- Holiday items
- School supplies
- Liquid hand soap/sanitizer
- Puzzles at another store $4
- and, my favorite - pink flamingo decorative items.
What can you still buy for a dollar? Check it out. You may be surprised and have a fun time in the process. And, if you REALLY want to save money they also have the 99 cent store where you can even get back change from your dollar.