As just a starting place for beginners at financial management.
1. Expect to work for any money you have and need.
2. Live within your means.
3. Save 10% of your income. No matter how tight money is today it could be tighter tomorrow.
4. Give generously to those in need. This can be your church, disaster victims, or orphans. A tithe of 10% is the most commonly accepted principle.
5. Invest some of your earnings. This is above your savings for it is the specific intent to have a higher return than the amount you put in.
6. Stay out of debt. That means friends, family, charge cards, or banks. If you are already in debt pay it off as quickly as possible. Debt is the negative result of not doing #2.
We may not be able to accomplish these things all the time or in every situation but they establish the direction we are going.
Simple yes. Easy no. Possible definitely.